I am grateful for my opportunity to tour the civil war sites. An amazing trip! I can't even show you all the pictures it would take too long. I especially loved Gettysburg and Washing DC. At Gettsyburg, in the dead of night, my group and I ran through the park and then reenacted Pickett's Charge. And in DC we spent a whole day looking at museums. I saw the only real Divinci painting in the Western Hemisphere and I saw a butt load of Monet and my favorite, Van Gogh! The Library of Congress is beautiful, though you've got to be in college or older to actually see books. But then the musuems just around little po-dunk places were fantastic too. The Musuem I think that affected me th most was the Holocaust Museum. I didn't even get all the way through before we had to leave. What an amazing life experience to have and with all my best buddies!
There were graves like this all over. I think they are beautful in their simplicity.



February 8, 2009 at 3:45 PM
About time you posted Madi!
I'm a little jealous, we should have combined the 4-H and Civil War trips so that REALLY all your best friends could have been there. Hahaha.
Although, missing that extra week of school probably would have pushed me over the edge of insanity. But that's what you're here for, right?