Places to see



I like to travel in my mind's eye. Much more affordable. I'm kind of on a off-the -beaten-path kick. Safe, cheap, and lesser known. Sounds good to me, the only real fall back is that it's not like a super famous place. But I like that. Makes me feel like there's still some world to explore.

Bhutan

(From National Geographic)
Bhutan has no crime. Like at all. Doesn't happen. The U.S. Travel Advisory says there were some bombing in the country away from where any tourist spots are a few years ago. But that probably happened because of Bhutan's close proximity to more dramatic areas of the world. The country definitely has an atmosphere of hidden peace. I think I'd feel privileged to even be there. I love Eastern Philosophy, and Bhutan has many educational experiences available. And I can't imagine anything more exotic than a Bhuddist monastery hidden in the isolated mountains. The legends of the country make it mystical. And really, it's so affordable. So affordable. There is only one airport and one airline that flies into Bhutan. Taking a trip to Bhutan would also provide visiting the countries of Nepal, India, or perhaps Thailand.

Iceland

"Eyjafjallajökull volcano erupting in the background in southern Iceland"
Seriously, a round trip flight there for like 2 weeks from SLC is only $1149. I get the sense that the Capital is a giant community of deep poetic cafe-dwelling bike-riding hippies. Which is awfully appealing. It's also cheap to fly to the Faroe islands, which are gorgeous, and to visit Greenland. This is a place that is most accessible. I could probably go by myself even...


1 Response to "Places to see"

  1. Brenna:) Says:

    I LOVE YOU!!! :) That is so crazy that Bhutan has no crime!! Wow...

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones